On behalf of the Alpine Committee of Snowsport England, we are delighted to be able to share our new Officials Pathway with you. We are grateful to the input from many people, especially a small group who reviewed the pathway and made some great suggestions, in no particular order: Stephen Metheringham, Gareth Case, David Chapman, Dave Eaves, Jane Lee, David Manns and Lloyd Jenkins.
The new pathway aims to:
- Provide appropriate, enjoyable and accessible training for any interested in acting as an official at events run or supported by Snowsport England.
- Provide a progression pathway for those interested in volunteering for more challenging roles on the hill, in the timing hut or race office.
- Provide support for coach education and development to foster a full and up-to-date awareness of race regulations and protocols.
- Provide a necessary progression for those aspiring to be accepted as a candidate TD.
- Provide Officials with regular, accessible CPD. This is based around the Level 1 Course and the Annual Update, which covers all hill roles.
- Celebrate the contribution of volunteers to our sport.
To join the pathway, ensure you have registered as an Official with Snowsport England and them join the pathway at: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/XL9HG2V
The first step is to take the Level 1 Course, either online or with your club/region.
If you would like to check your current status or would like to join the pathway with experience gained outside of Snowsport England, or if you have gained experience but have not done the related courses, please contact at firstname.lastname@example.org