We’re looking for a bright and ambitious Social Media Coordinator who can bring fresh perspectives
and enthusiasm to the Snowsport community in England. This a great opportunity to join the
National Governing Body for Snowsport in England, to implement our Social Media strategy and
engage with the membership. As the popularity of Snowsport is growing in England, it’s an exciting
time to join!
If you’re confident, creative and driven to ensure our social media content is successful, you’ll have
the necessary experience and qualities to play a pivotal role in supporting and delivering our social
Bringing social media best practice to every project you undertake, you’ll be the kind of inspirational
figure that can motivate those around you to ensure we communicate with our community in a
relevant, persuasive and impactful way.
You’ll quickly become an essential part of our team, bringing insight, identifying opportunities and
lending your experience to campaigns across a broad range of category areas.
Role: Social Media Coordinator
Salary: £560 – £660 per month, (depending on experience)
Location: SportPark, Loughborough, or home-based
Contract: Freelance/Contract, Part-time, rolling 3 month contract
Hours: 15 hours per week, to be worked Monday to Sunday
Closing Date: 26th August 2019
Interview Date: 3rd September 2019
● A full understanding of the social media mix. Bonus if you have, or are working towards a
degree or something equivalent.
● Strong written, numerical and analytical skills as you will be communicating to customers as
well as other functional teams.
● Experience in reporting, using digital tools and insights.
● Proven ability to develop an understanding of customer behaviour and propose new ideas
and concepts for social media content.
● Ability to work closely and productively with external agencies, stakeholders and internal
teams to develop social media campaigns.
● Must have experience managing multiple social media channels at once.
● Excellent attention to detail, proof-reading skills, analytical skills and a passion for social
media and community management.
● Experience in working with social media platforms such as Hootsuite, with experience in
researching, developing and scheduling engaging content across Instagram, Facebook and
● Knowledge and experience in Snowsport, either recreationally or professionally, is preferred.
● Coordinate all social media channels and post content daily on relevant accounts.
● Input into the creation of the social media strategy for the year/quarter/month/week.
● Analyse, track and report on the success of existing social media projects, and suggest
ways to make improvements.
● Increase engagement with the Snowsport community through all social media channels.
● Ensure the brand identity is consistently implemented and represented across all social
● Work with the Marketing and Insight Lead to ensure the communications plan is delivered.
● Attend relevant business and industry events, create and post content in a timely and
captivating manner to reflect and communicate key messages and themes (travel expenses
Responsibilities to overall organisation:
● To help the organisation grow engagement with the Snowsport community, increase
membership and brand awareness.
● Champion for safeguarding in all your work areas.
● Respect the unique contribution of every individual and work positively in an equal
opportunity and diverse environment.
What we can offer you:
Snowsport England is the national governing body for Snowsport in England, recognised and directly
grant aided by Sport England – we have responsibility for fostering and promoting the interests of
English skiers and snowboarders, and all aspects of their sport in England and overseas.
You will join a small but dynamic team who are passionate about increasing participation in
Snowsport at every level.
Please demonstrate in your CV and covering letter the areas where your skills and experience are
relevant to the role and therefore what you can bring to this exciting opportunity at Snowsport
Snowsport England is an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably
qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter that addresses the requirements of the post and
summarises your motivation for applying for the position to: Victoria Stonehouse, Marketing and
Insight Lead – firstname.lastname@example.org