Bormio Italy 16 – 21 February 2O2O
We are pleased to present our race programme for 2020. Please note that due to the presence of increased numbers of public skiers visiting the resort during ‘Carnival’ we will be running some races on the Adler slope at Oga, a short drive across to the other side of town. More details on the arrangements for these races will be published in our race bulletins.
The Opening Parade will take place on Saturday afternoon. Full details including time and location will be published in our bulletins.
Children and U10/12 Competition Programme
FIS Competition Programme
* Details of U14/16 team parallel races to follow
** Details of WSF ‘Dash for Ca$h’ FIS Team Event to follow
Please note change of date from original programme for final FIS Super-G.
Race Entry & Criteria
Open for entries – 12th November 2019
Official closing date – 3rd February 2020 (for GBR entries)
- British competitors in age groups U14 and above must be registered with their Home Nation.
- Competitors in the U10/U12 races must have either signed the British Athlete’s Declaration or be registered with their Home Nation.
- All U18, U21, Senior and Masters racers are reminded that they must be registered with FIS as an Alpine competitor to take part in these championships (please note that a FIS Masters registration is not the same as a FIS Alpine registration). Applications for the appropriate licence should be made direct to GB Snowsport as soon as possible and at least three weeks prior to the closing date shown above. The Organising Committee accepts no responsibility for any failure of competitors to ensure that their FIS registration is valid.
- All competitors must have a current insurance policy that permits them to ski race. The Organising Committee may require proof of insurance such as a valid governing body race licence or an independent certificate of insurance. The Organising Committee reserves the right to refuse entry to skiers who do not possess seed points and who cannot demonstrate a minimum level of competence. Suitable evidence may include previous race results or a Coach’s certification.
- All British entries must be made via the official online entry system, or if necessary, using the official entry form (one per competitor). Entries will only be accepted if accompanied by the correct race entry fee.
- Those entering the BASS seeded races (U14/U16) must ensure that their HN registration is renewed well before the publication of the BASS seed lists that we will be using for the competition, otherwise they will be drawn in the group with ‘no points’ at the end of the start list. See GBSKI.com for details of the rule change that applies (rule 621.2).
- Depending on the number of entries from British competitors, we may allow a small number of non-British entries into the Children’s competition (U10, U12, U14 or U16). Please contact the race secretary for more information if you fall into this category and wish to enter. Note that we may not be able to give you a decision on accepting your entry straight away. If we do accept your application then you will need to enter using the standard entry form which you can find on the last page of the Invitation Bulletin.
- Non-British (international) FIS entries should be made through your National Ski Association on the appropriate NSA FIS entry forms in accordance with FIS regulations. FIS quotas will be enforced.
Snowsport England have partnered with Bormio Tourism to bring you exclusive accommodation offers.The packages include stays from 1 to 9 nights, a welcome pack on arrival and discounted daily admission to Bormio Terme
While in resort if you need to find out any information then please come to the race office and we will be happy to help you. The race office is just off the roundabout by the bottom of the Stelvio piste and just up from the gondola. There is a Snowsport England flag to show the way.
- Chief of Champs & Event Welfare Officer – Tim Fawke firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 07968 548 627
- Event Welfare Officer – Karen Conde email@example.com / +44 07725 884 043
- Chief Race Director – David Manns firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 7733 131212
- Race Secretary – Andrea Grant email@example.com / +44 7956 422 839