The Snowsport England #SNOWMoreStigma campaign is our mental health and wellbeing initiative, and we want you to get involved!
Positive mental health and wellbeing is just as important as physical health. Help us to stamp out shame and stigma in snowsport – your voice and your attitude to mental health matters so help us to create a powerful, positive culture of mental wellbeing.
#SNOWMoreStigma is SNOWBALLING action
We are all in this together | We all have mental health | We all can be the change
Look out for us on the Snowsport England roadshow visiting schools, clubs, conferences and events in order to LISTEN to what you need and understand the very real challenges and success stories of positive mental wellbeing initiatives. We are going to empower and educate at all levels, so it is easier for anyone struggling to talk and seek help & guidance.
YOU ARE NOT ALONE. IT’S GOOD TO TALK. ITS OK TO SAY.
We have recruited our athlete stars for #SNOWMoreStigma who are right behind this campaign. Watch this space!
If you need help, talking to family, friends, coaches, Club Welfare Officers or a GP is always a good place to start. Alternatively, you can urgently contact:
- NHS 999 or 111 or go to your nearest A&E department.
- Samaritans – 24-hour national FREEPHONE number is 116 123 – even free for mobile phones which are out of credit
- Hub of Hope – website to find nearest sources of help near you – https://hubofhope.co.uk/
- Childline – 24-hour helpline children can call 0800 1111
- Mind – https://www.mind.org.uk/
- Young Minds (support for parents too) – https://youngminds.org.uk/