Following recent announcements made by the English, Scottish and Welsh governments on their proposals for easing Covid lockdown restrictions in the coming months. The Home Nations met on 24th February to review the potential implications for the scheduled 2021 Summer Race Calendar.

Taking into account Covid restriction timelines for the opening of snowsports facilities and the easing of travel and other restrictions such as opening of hospitality and hotel accommodation, and the need to ensure that athletes are able to train prior to the resumption of seeded racing. The HNs have taken the decision to not recommend the resumption of national seeded race events until the 17th May at the earliest.

Regrettably, the decision has been taken to cancel the following HN organised events during May.

Planned Event/DatesAlternative Proposed
GBR Outdoor 1 & 2
1st/2nd May 2021
(Organised by SSW)
Welsh Outdoor Champs on 11/12th September 2021 will count towards GBR Outdoor Series points/awards.
GBR Indoor 1 & 2
15/16th May 2021
(Organised by SSW)
Anglo-Welsh/British Indoor Champs on 14/15th August 2021 will count towards GBR Indoor Series points/awards
Landgraaf BASS Indoor Races
29-31st May 2021
(Organised by SE)
Alternative dates during July/August were sought. Unfortunately these proved to be not possible to arrange.
SE have confirmed arrangements for the event in 2022


In the case of the GBR events, some other events planned for later in the season will count towards the GBR Series points and awards as outlined above.

The situation will be regularly reviewed further in the light of government announcements and any implications for the Race Calendar for June and beyond. The next review is planned during March

All the Home Nations are working hard to get races happening this summer in a safe and fair way and we are looking forward to activity starting again.

Snowsport England
Snowsport Scotland
Snowsport Wales