Snowsport England is striving to inspire participation in snowsport at every level. A key priority for us is to increase opportunities for more people to participate in snowsport in fun and safe ways, to enable both new and existing participants to have positive experiences. Recognised as the National Governing Body for snowsport in England, we help people learn how to ski or board, enjoy the snowsports safely, and compete in all its disciplines.
At its heart, Snowsport England is a membership organisation dedicated to supporting its clubs and members to develop and succeed. It maintains the laws of the sport and runs national events which are open to all competing members. It also operates a comprehensive range of qualification and education programmes for teachers, coaches and officials.
Snowsport England seeks two Non-Executive Director who will join a high-calibre, engaged and passionate Board. They will provide inclusive and inspirational leadership and guidance to the Board of the English National Governing Body for snowsport.
The board are particularly keen to hear from anyone who has specialist knowledge and practical experience in the following areas:
- Safeguarding & Welfare
- Finance & legal
Responsibilities of the Non-Executive Director include:
- Acting in the best interests of the organisation with honesty and good faith
- Contributing to the maintenance and continuous improvement of best practice governance arrangements and strategic risk management
- Helping to ensure compliance with the Sport England Code for Sports Governance, Sporting Future and other applicable standards of best practice
- Constantly upholding and promoting the agreed Snowsport England Vision, Mission, Values and expected standards of ethical conduct and behaviour in fulfilling responsibilities
- Contributing to the development of a clear, coherent, compelling, cost-effective and comprehensive Snowsport England Strategic Plan in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer and other Board members and monitoring ongoing delivery of the plan
- Helping to ensure that the Board functions as a cohesive and constructive team, engaging collaboratively and constructively at all times with Snowsport England employees, volunteers, members and other stakeholders
- Ensuring continuous compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements including data protection, safeguarding, health and safety and equality
- Promoting best practice inclusion, equality and diversity across Snowsport England at all times
For more information about the roles and responsibilities, please see here.
Snowsport England is looking to appoint two Non-Executive Directors to support the Board through contributing the knowledge they have gained from senior-level backgrounds in safeguarding & welfare and finance and legal
These individuals will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the communities who are currently not as engaged in snowsport, as well as a commitment to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion at all levels.
Prior experience in snowsport or membership sports is not needed, but an interest in and commitment to supporting the future and goals of Snowsport England is essential.
Snowsport England actively encourages applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented on its Board, such as people from diverse backgrounds and with disabilities. All appointments will be made on merit, following a fair and transparent process and in line with the Equality Act 2010. However, the organisation may employ positive action where candidates from underrepresented groups can demonstrate their ability to perform the role equally well.
Snowsport England is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. It is committed to inclusion and embracing the spirit of all equalities legislation. Where possible, it will always make reasonable adjustments for accessibility to anyone who requires it.
Terms of Appointment
The role is unremunerated with travel and accommodation expenses paid in accordance with Snowsport England’s policy. The total time commitment is around two days per month, inclusive of six Board meetings per year. The majority of Board meetings are to be held virtually, when attended in person the location will be either at the office in Loughborough, Leicestershire and occasionally held in other locations nationwide as agreed in advance. The length of the appointment is for three years, with the possibility of extending for a further three-year term. Candidates should be UK-based.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Applications are sought from suitably qualified and experienced individuals through the submission of a CV, a covering letter which outlines their suitability for the role, and why they wish to be considered, along with the completed SE Equality Monitoring Form, please send to Claire Pennell, Business & Operations Manager – Claire@snowsportengland.org.uk
The closing date for applications is 9th October 2022
Interviews will take place w/c 24th October
For more information about the Directors roles and Snowsport England Ltd, please visit www.snowsportengland.org.uk