Aims of the course
This is a basic course designed to enable leaders to organise school, club and youth group Snowsport courses safely, responsibly, efficiently, and in such a way as to give maximum educational benefit (in skiing & snowboarding terms) to young people. Participants must be at least 21 years of age to attend this course. As the National Governing Body for English Snowsport, Snowsport England recommends that adults accompanying young people on Snowsport trips should hold the Snowsport Course Organiser award. This view is also supported by the Outdoor Education Advisors Panel. Holders of the SCO award are expected to be able to use their knowledge of the course content to organise a Snowsport course.
We offer two delivery options for the SCO course, Face to Face or Online.
Both course options cover the same content and certification. This is an attendance course which is not assessed but does require full participation.
We have recently introduced the online version for easier access, or we can offer a face to face course if required.
1 Online course – £110
This consists of a 3-hour, module based, online course followed by a 2.5 hour virtual classroom session with a Snowsport England tutor.
- Book your course online. When you book an online course you will be offered optional dates to attend the virtual classroom session. Please note: If at a later point you need to change the virtual classroom session you will need to contact the office.
- You will receive an email with a link and login details for the online course and a digital copy of the ‘Going Skiing & Snowboarding’ resource pack.
- When you have completed the online modules, you will receive a code to attend the virtual classroom session
- Attend the virtual classroom
- Receive your certificate for the course
2 Face to face course
This is a ‘classroom’ based 1-day courses that you will need to attend to complete the award. If you would prefer a face to face course please look at the links on the course calendar, or if you have a group and want a new course set up please contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org
To book on to one of our courses, click here: SCO Courses