Lived Experience Disability Focus Group
Snowsport England have launched their ‘Inspiring Snowsports’ 10-year strategy and are passionate about making snowsport for all, with a particular emphasis on underrepresented groups. We would like to make our website accessible for all and make sure that the content we are using is relevant and the terminology is appropriate. We aim to grow and diversify Snowsport England.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for participants/athletes with a disability, long term health condition or neurological diverse condition. As well as parents/carers of these participants/ athletes with lived experience. Those with either work or voluntary experience within the disability space are also welcome to apply. We aim to build a focus group of between 10-15 participants to represent a range of disciplines.
- Person must be involved in the snowsport community or have some knowledge of a discipline as a member, volunteer, coach or supporter.
- Align with one or more of the following characteristics: Disabled person or person with a long-term health condition or neurological diverse condition, or have knowledge of these through work or voluntary positions.
- Age range from 14+ (parents/guardians of younger children are welcome to represent them in the focus group).
- A genuine desire and commitment to make positive change in snowsport.
- Experience with other NGBs or organisations creating an inclusion culture.
- Understand the importance of physical activity on the wider health agenda.
- Experienced marginalisation within any sport or have witnessed it.
Your role and expectations…
- Work with us to create media content that is relevant and accessible. Examples could include infographics and social media posts. This may include providing advice and opinions on content, proof reading or featuring in content (don’t worry this is totally optional and there will be no pressure to do so).
- Contribute wherever you can in a number of areas for Snowsport England, including the website audit, equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) work and other projects.
- We would love to hear about your experiences in snowsport, be prepared to share your journey, the positives and highlights, as well as any barriers and challenges. These will help us shape the future of the sport.
The group will meet using either Microsoft Teams or Zoom to make meetings accessible to all. If you have any special requirements for the meeting, please contact organiser, email@example.com. The meetings will be managed by Snowsport England staff and supported by the EDI Lead.
How to apply for the volunteer position?
To register your interest in being part of the Snowsport England Lived Experience focus group, please complete our application form:
Full guidance can be downloaded Lived Experience Disability Focus Group guidance document with video overview
Applications close 15th September 2023.
For support with the form, please contact: