Snowsport England has partnered with insurance specialists Sports Insure to launch a brand new travel insurance that offers a tailor-made solution for wintersports enthusiasts – from recreational skiers or snowboarders to ski racers and freestyle competitors.
Sports Insure have taken time to understand the needs of skiers and snowboarders, and have built a bespoke policy for Snowsport England. Highlights of the scheme in addition to a standard travel policy include:
· Highly competitive premiums for both single trip and annual policies.
· No limit on the number of days of winter sports cover, competitive, training or holiday, offered on both single trip and annual policies.
· A wide range of policy limits, including a £10,000,000 medical expenses limit offered as standard. Emergency Assistance Company on call 24 hours a day.
· The ability to refer to an underwriter, for a more bespoke quotation (a single trip will exceed 60 days, you exceed the upper age limit on the policy, for example.)
· Extended cover for snowsport training and competition, including extensions for damage to ski equipment, refunds for piste closures etc.
· An Underwriter who understands the risks involved with snowsport
Daran Rowlands, father of three freestyle skiers Mike, Madi and Lexi Rowlands was delighted with the new insurance he took out with Snowsport England and Sports Insure: “The travel insurance through Snowsport England and Sports Insure meets the needs of my kids when they are training and competing in freestyle skiing for GB and for a decent price! Dealing with Sports Insure has been really easy, they have been very patient answering my many questions and providing alternate quotes”.
If you are travelling overseas for a ski holiday or to train or compete in skiing or snowboarding, it is very important that you have suitable travel insurance in place. If you do not have adequate insurance in place and sustain an injury or have an accident that results in you requiring medical assistance, the costs can very quickly mount up. Many ‘off the shelf’ travel policies do not cover winter sports as standard, whereas this facility can cover the particular activity you are looking to participate in. E.g. off-piste without a guide, heli-skiing, freestyle etc. Furthermore, in Europe it is important to be aware that the medical services in resort will more often than not, be private. As such the EHIC (formerly E111) may not be accepted.
Claims can be costly. For example, piste evacuation within Europe can range from €250 to €700, increasing to €5,000 or more for helicopter evacuation from the slopes. Outside of Europe, specifically North America and Canada, these costs will increase considerably, as will the medical expenses. Repatriation can be anything from an early return airfare, extra seats, road ambulance, through to an air ambulance. Costs can range from £200 through to as high as £40,000, depending on location and specific requirements during the repatriation.
Further details regarding the Snowsport England bespoke travel insurance and how to obtain a quotation visit http://www.sports-insure.co.uk/client/snowsportengland/travel-insurance/ or you can email email@example.com