With the excitement of activity restarting just around the corner, we thought that this may be of interest to clubs that are thinking of starting a new project or to fundraise and reconnect with their communities.
Sport England teamed up with Crowdfunder last year to match fund crowdfunding projects run by sports clubs and community activity groups in England. Sport England is distributing up to £10,000 per eligible Crowdfunder project in match funding, alongside a programme of training and support to help community sports organisations to fundraise and reconnect with their communities.
Alongside the project Sport England have also created the following support:
- They host online webinar events (the next one is 16th March) which welcome people to crowdfunding with Sport England: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/o/crowdfund-sport-30244364882
- They offer a bespoke online learning platform on how to crowdfund, and the Sport England support available:https://learn.crowdfunder.co.uk/courses/crowdfund-sport-introduction
- They’ve created an interactive Video service on the Active Together page to help answer questions easily, and encourage more questions: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/funds/active-together
- They run a 24/7 online Help Centre to help answer FAQs who are on hand to help: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/help-centre
- Their expert coaches have written an easy-to-follow guide to help people succeed. There are also guides on planning , creating and running a crowdfunding project:https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/uploads/sport_england_quick_crowdfunding_guide.pdf
The online webinars are repeated every month, so don’t worry if you are unable to attend the next on the 16th of March.