The Organising Committee have been monitoring the COVID-19 situation and discussing plans for staging a COVID-safe event. This includes open travel ‘corridors’, consideration of local restrictions both in Italy and in the UK, and our own risk assessment. For the competition to go ahead we must be assured that it would be safe for all participants including competitors, officials and coaches to take part.

We will be making another announcement no later than 20th December with a firm decision on whether or not we intend to go ahead with the competition, based on our best understanding of the situation at that time. We believe that this should allow everyone sufficient time for managing travel and accommodation plans.

Should the decision at that stage be to go ahead, the Invitation Bulletin with detailed plans would be published in early January along with opening online entry.