Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on January 4th, new national lockdown restrictions have been introduced across England. Snowsport England can regrettably confirm that all indoor and outdoor snowsport facilities will need to close.

You should follow this guidance immediately. The law will be updated to reflect these new rules. More information about what is and is not allowed, is available on the government’s website.

Non-compliance with government guidance and the law, could result in your insurance being invalid and result in potential fines from the police.

We are in continuous contact with Sport England and other sports to ensure we can get back to enjoying our sport as soon as possible, and in the safest way possible.

We would like to thank you all for following the guidelines previously, and for playing your part in keeping our sport safe.

The Snowsport England Team are here to help, so please get in touch if we can be of any assistance. Engagement events for clubs and coaches will be taking place online shortly and all updates will be on our website.

Additional support available

Emergency Help and Support
For urgent help, if someone is in danger or an active crime is being committed, call 999. If you are aware that someone has committed a crime or been a victim of a crime please call 101

Mental Health and Wellbeing
There are a range of support services available through the NHS which can be found here.

Kooth offers emotional and mental health support for children and young people aged between 11 – 24 years. Click here for details. You can also watch this short video which explains Kooth services and support.

The Samaritans are available to help with anything that is troubling you, no matter how large or small the issue feels. Call for free on 116 123 or email (response time 24 hours).

Abuse and Radicalisation
If you are worried that you or someone you know, is being abused or radicalised, even if you’re unsure, you can speak to NSPCC about your concerns. Call 0808 800 5000, report it online or email

The local authority Children and Adult services
To report abuse or neglect of a person aged 18 or over, click here.
To report abuse or neglect of a person under 18, click here.